Thursday, January 9, 2014

Anniversary Care Package

It has taken me longer than I had hoped, but I finally made another care package. Scott's Christmas care packages made it to him! But they were late. It took a MONTH for them to get there. No bueno.

We've made it through the biggest holidays of the year, but from Thanksgiving on, I have at least one big event or holiday of some sort to base the care package theme off of.

So what's in January, you ask? None other than our anniversary! This year we're celebrating our second wedding anniversary. Traditionally, the second anniversary gift is "cotton", but that's not much of a theme for a box, so I just went with blue. My favorite color is awesomely blue, or teal-ish, Scott's is navy. So I figured, why not?

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm kind of big on song lyrics. So this time around, I picked some pretty significant ones. 

Our favorite band is called The Spill Canvas. Our history with them goes way back to high school. Scott fell in love with me to the sounds of The Spill Canvas. So it's only fitting, that their lyrics played a huge role in me figuring out that I was going to marry Scott. 

Call it cheesy, but I had been really praying and trying to figure out if I was going to marry Scott. This wasn't too long after we had started dating, mind you, so I wasn't all that sure, but I kind of already knew. 

But one night, I woke up in the middle of the night. And all I could think of were these lyrics. They were blaring across my mind and I couldn't shake them. 



"While you were sleeping, I figured out everything...I was constructed for you, you were molded for me. Now I feel your name, coursing through my veins. You shine so bright it's insane, you put the sun to shame."

And when was that night, you ask? January 22, 2011. Exactly a year to the day before we got married. A fact that I failed to realize until about a week before we got married. How fitting that we had unknowingly planned the wedding for that day.


So without further ado, my anniversary care package:


This one isn't quite as hard to read, especially with the up close pictures, but I'll go ahead and caption them. I couldn't fit the entire part of the lyrics, but the most essential line is there.


Happy 2nd anniversary, babydoll!


I was constructed for you


You were molded for me



Mr & Mrs since Jan. 22, 2012




This care package didn't contain much of consequence. Just some random items for Scott to snack on.


The one thing that went into the box of any real significance is a series of letters I wrote for Scott. There was no real rhyme or reason to it. It just kind of became our love story, broken down into different big moments. Such as, our first date, the day he proposed, our wedding day, etc.




So a very happy anniversary to my sweetheart! Here's to 100 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment