Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Care Package: Part 2

Like I said in my previous post, I filled the first box but still had more to send and figured Christmas definitely warranted more than one box. 

This time, though I stuck with the standard Christmas colors and most items, but I wanted the box itself to represent the real reason we celebrate Christmas instead of just the commercialized version. 

I picked lyrics to another one of the very few Christmas songs I like. 

I Celebrate the Day by Relient K





It's not quite as difficult to read, but here are some close ups.


The first time that you opened your eyes did you realize that you would be my Savior?


The first breath that left your lips did you know that it would change this world forever?


I celebrate the day you were born to die so I could one day pray for you to save my life



This box included: 

--2 types of Christmas cookies in a Christmas pail
-- 2 spray bottles of Christmas icing (for Scott to decorate them himself, maybe more fun...also would not mail well decorated.)
-- 2 packages of cocoa mix 
-- 1 package mint flavored M&'s
-- Uno the card game 
-- Christmas socks (Scott is always wearing the girly ones)
-- 4 tubes of chapstick 
-- a 6 inch battery powered Christmas tree
-- a string of 50 Christmas lights (in case he wants to be festive and decorate his space on the ship, though I doubt he will.)
-- an Lifeproof case for iPhone
-- an iPhone 4 (to replace the one he lost)




And, per tradition, I had to include a hand drawn, goofy card. 


Here's hoping it gets to him in time and doesn't get dropped into the ocean! (yes, that has happened with an entire pallet of mail this deployment.)



Merry Christmas, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment