Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's New with Us

As expected, my posts keep getting fewer and further in between. Can't say that I didn't warn you. 

This one won't be so much about crafts, so you can all breathe a sigh of relief. But here's just a little bit of what's new in our life and some other thoughts. 

Several weeks, maybe even months (I'm really bad with time frames), ago Scott re-enlisted. So that's at least another 4 years with the Marine Corps. And probably 4 more years in California. It was a really hard decision, one that I hope he hasn't already come to regret, but in the long run, I guess we decided that's what was best for us. Scott has since changed units and is now going to be gone once a month for a week or two to be out in the field for training. He is supposed to "deploy" out on a ship next summer. We talked about me going home while he is gone, but it depends on whether or not I have a job by then. Either way, I don't look forward to him being gone for 7 months, but I always knew that that would be my least favorite part of him re-enlisting.

Speaking of me getting a job though. I finally, within a few weeks of each other, got a response from a couple of jobs I had applied for. It's funny how you can go months without hearing anything from anyone and then they come in pairs. They are both jobs in Police Dispatch. I've had to take tests for both, do a 38 page pre-screening packet for one, and interviewed for both. I made it past the interview with one, and just interviewed with the other yesterday, so I should know about that one soon. I'm now working on another 30 page packet for a background investigation that SD County is doing for the job. Should I get through that...I will still have about 4 more steps to go through. So MAYBE I will finally have a job by Christmas or the New Year. Almost a year after I started looking...goodness.

Oh, and seeing as how I probably won't have a job for at least of couple of months, I've considered making and selling thing for people to give as Christmas presents. Could be anything really...something sewn, painted shoes, canvas art, decorated wooden letters...I'm up for trying something new. Just for something to keep me busy really. So if you have an interest, just let me know somehow! 

And while I'm on the subject, because I have had this problem several times already... I'm not making things for people for free. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but I just can't keep making things for people and keep putting my money into it. Now, if I make something for someone as a gift, or just because I want to...that's my own problem. But, I don't have the money to just make things for everyone who sees something I posted on Facebook. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. 

My oldest brother welcomed his baby boy into the world a few weeks ago, so we have a nephew! Have to say he is quite the doll, but as his aunt, I'm a bit partial! Can't wait to meet the little guy! I will spare you the pictures of the things I have made for him...you can just look at my Facebook. :) haha!

Well, I think that's really all that's new in our life. Short, sweet, and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment