Friday, October 26, 2012

Flannel Onesie

Even though I can't yet share just yet where a great deal of my inspiration came from, I'm really excited about this post. (I'll share my main inspiration some other time.) But I had a plan to make a flannel baby onesie. And luckily for me, I found a pattern and tutorial for one! You can try it out here.

I didn't follow the pattern too closely, mostly I just used it to get an idea for size. I found this shirt at a discount store and really liked the look and the price wasn't too bad. I used it more for a guide than the pattern.

Before


(Forgive the poor quality, at this point I can't go back and take another picture! :))

I don't know how well you can tell, but the original shirt was put together in a pretty interesting way, but I knew it was going to make it difficult to get the look I wanted out of the onesie. So somewhere along the way, I had the bright idea that I was going to completely take apart the shirt. Yes, you can imagine how tedious that was. I even had to take off and reapply some of the pearl snaps. The center button placket (if you're like me, I didn't know what a placket was until I started this...in this case, it's the strip of buttons where the shirt opens) was about the only thing left standing.

So it was pretty slow work, what with the seam ripping and figuring out how the shirt was put together, but I finished it!

Are you ready?...




  After


I haven't decided yet if I'm going to add pocket(s) or anything else, but I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!

I'm sure I'll be making more of these for all of the lumberjack/cowboys in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment