Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hellllo blog.

Seeing as how I used to write a lot, and am now halfway across the country from almost everyone I know, I figured blogging might be a good way to keep everyone updated on our life. Plus, having so much free time on my hands, I have been doing some crafting, cooking, and baking--though not as often as I should-so this will be a good way to share pictures 'n' such of that as well.

Now, I've never been a consistent writer/blogger because I usually just write when the mood strikes (and boy does it go on hiatus quite often) but I will try to keep this up. I don't have a great record when it comes to finishing my "good ideas/projects." :)

So where to start...

Well, for those of you who don't know, Scott and I are living out here in sunny Southern California. It's a shame, really, all those beaches minutes away and we've only been a couple of times. I know, I know. Those of you in the Texas panhandle and Oklahoma have every right to slap me next time you see me. (Though I'd prefer you didn't.)

Scott is currently stationed a couple of hours from where we live, so I only see him on weekends. That leaves me to a lot of alone time. Hence the crafting and baking.

Now, being a girl and being crafty don't really work too well with making a guy feel at home. The things I make always have at least some feminine flair to them. So naturally, Scott complained the first time he came home for the weekend that no one would be able to tell that he lived here. So I decided that even though I hate burnt orange and I'm not so much a fan of UT, I would make a wreath for the front door. And let me tell you, trying to make something somewhat "manly" is really limiting. No bows, no flowers, no lace or frills. And actually, no bright colors. Which equals no fun. And not very pretty. Alas, here it is:


The things I do for my husband.


Just kidding. It's probably still a little too girly, because that's what crafts are. And let's face it, how many guys do you know put wreaths on their front doors? Yeah, not very many. But it's something that represents a team my husband likes, so it's a start.


In other news, our new bunny friend, Bambi, is quite the entertainer. Always running around in circles and spastically hopping into the air. So she is sure to make it onto the blog from time to time.

She's quite the doll.

I think I'm all out of ramblings for tonight though. Stay tuned for some more not-so-exciting news and maybe even a couple of pictures of some baby shoes I've been making.

So long from the West Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment