Thursday, May 15, 2014

Our First House

Our lease at our condo happened to be ending within a week of the end of Scott's deployment. I had been looking at houses for at least a month, maybe two, but at the beginning of April, I went ahead and put in our 30 Day Notice. Now, I definitely wouldn't recommend it, but I was desperate to find our bear of a dog a yard.

I have to say, I got to a point where it was 2 weeks before Scott was set to come home, and I was wanting to get moved the next week, and I just wasn't having much luck find anything. I got super frustrated. But, then the next day, I found 2 great houses that I was ready to apply for. 

The house we ended up getting was going to be available that weekend. Plus, it came with a washer, dryer, and refrigerator. The other house did not. And wasn't going to be available until the end of April. So I applied for this one. And as I was in the middle of sending Scott an email to tell him about these houses...I got a phone call from the Property Manager saying that our application had been approved. It had literally only been thirty minutes. Just like that, we had a house. 

I think I started packing like 3 days before I was supposed to move. And I hired the movers the day before the move. In fact, I was still packing when they got there, and luckily, they had some large boxes for me to put loose items into. 

Scott was due to come home in a week. I still had to work a 40 hour work week, and things have been constantly busy ever since, so almost a month later, the house is still not put together or completely unpacked. And, it'll probably stay empty for a long while, because we definitely do not have the furniture to fill it. 

But I'm going to take you on a tour of our empty house (pre-move) because I know at least mine and Scott's family members want to see it.



The Front Entry Way/Dining Room




The Living Room/Kitchen



Downstairs Bed and Bath




Laundry Room



(Quite possibly my favorite part of the house)



Upstairs Living Room
(Californians call it a "Bonus Room", but whatever)





Upstairs Extra Bedrooms and Bathroom




Master Bed and Bath







And the backyard for our bear



And yes, Gatsby loves his yard! And we love it, too! I'm sure there will be more posts to come as I go thrift store shopping for old, cheap furniture to refurnish and fill the house with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment